Baby Duke is moving and grooving!! He has been SO active I think it’s almost a guarantee that he’ll be a speedy soccer player like his daddy…that, or a kick boxer 😉
I’m becoming more and more amazed at the experience of carrying a child. It’s magical, hard, rewarding, sobering, fun, uncomfortable, amazing…I guess it’s all preparation for becoming a parent, right?! Sometimes I feel him kick and I can’t help but look down and smile. Pregnancy has a way of making you realize what’s really important in life.
Greg and I feel so loved and supported by you – our community. Thank you for being a part of this journey!
Some quick facts:
– I’m 29 weeks! A little more than 2 months and Duke will be getting ready to make his arrival.
– Heartburn is real…and so are hot flashes, squished bladders, squished lungs, and back pain! Thankfully they don’t all happen at once…so that’s a blessing!
– The nursery is painted, the crib and changing table are put together, and a sweet friend sent us a stroller this week! Things are coming together 🙂
– I fully expect the dogs to be equal parts sweet and crazy around the baby. Yesterday Stella jumped up on the couch and laid her head right on my belly. Any advice for the dogs/babies combo is welcome (Although Good Dog, Happy Baby has been a great resource for me!)
– My last session is scheduled for October 22nd and I plan to be on maternity leave until February. My weekends are just about full, but I have a few weekday spots available for portrait sessions!
– So many of you have reached out to extend your congratulations and support, and I am so grateful for you! Although I am working outside of photography right now, I look forward to going full-time a few months after Duke is born so I can stay home with him. Thank you for being a part of this journey and for supporting this business! 🙂