First of all – I can’t believe it’s November! Duke turns one year old next month, which is crazy. Time flies when you’re having fun – and we are having a lot of fun!
Duke got pretty sick this month and we’re grateful for our doctor and essential oils! He had a virus that gave him a temperature of almost 104, and he was out of it for a week. I got way more snuggles than normal and we had lots of quality time together. So although being sick sucks, there’s still a bright side to it!
Duke got to go to his first college football game with my family at Stanford. He was a champ with the loud noises and the late night. I believe he cut a few more teeth this month, but it’s all a blur so who knows 😉
He went camping for the first time up in Fort Bragg for his auntie Em’s birthday. It was cold but he was a champ. He also got a special visit from his Papa and Gigi! As always, it’s been a really fun month and we are so blessed to be his parents. He’s my best little buddy!
- He’s starting to climb. The other day I had a baby gate up; he grabbed the top and lifted his feet off the ground.
- He has started dancing! He holds on to something and shakes his little booty 🙂
- He plays “peekabo” regularly by lifting a blanket over himself then dropping it. And he usually has a big smile on his face 🙂
- He is sitting more still for reading time and has a few favorite books.
- He understands the word “no” and obeys us (most of the time) when we say it. He’s also starting to connect the dot between the head shake and “no”. Oh – and he loves to shake his head!
- We haven’t bought him a walker toy, but he loves pushing his stroller or walking behind something he can hold on to.
- Not really a development, but he poops a TON haha.
What He Likes:
- Pushing buttons
- Drinking water (and only like a big boy out of glasses, not sippy cups!)
- Books (mainly playing with them, although he has started sitting still for reading).
- Opening and closing doors, drawers, and cabinets
- Emptying those drawers and cabinets 🙂
- Playing with the dishwasher racks…it’s fun when they roll back and forth!
- Eating, of course. His favorite foods are ice cream, watermelon, and ritz crackers.
- Whether he is being held or crawling on his own, he loves when we chase him.
- Sleeping in our bed. It doesn’t happen often, but he loves it when it happens.
- Chewing and biting on furniture. If you could see me right now, I’m rolling my eyes. Crazy boy!
- Chasing the dogs around
What he doesn’t like:
- Getting dressed
- Not getting a toy or food that he wants. He fusses and whines when he can’t have that thing. The sinful nature is definitely there!
- Wearing glasses. I put glasses on him for his Halloween costume and he hated them!
Overall he’s a happy, goofy little boy and not much makes him unhappy. He loves to play, loves to be silly with us, and is very busy and active. I can’t believe we are lucky enough to be his parents and just can’t wait for all the milestones to come!
I write all this out so I can remember all these things in the years to come…but I appreciate you who have read this far!